A timeless classic that every woman should own at least 3 of and the perfect piece for transitional dressing is a classic shirt.
My stapels are ;
- A crisp white over-sized number that can be worn with anything from a bikini to a pair of low waisted black wide leg trousers.
- A boyfriend style stripe, perfect for wearing with jeans and loafers or tied at the waist with high waisted trousers / denim - for evening wear it with a pencil skirt and strappy heels.
- A super chic black number, I love the mix of black and navy with tan accessories or black on black, again worn as mentioned above.
Style Tips To Keep Your Look Flattering
- Each season invest in a new white shirt, the brighter the white the better.
- Make sure your shirt fits you properly on the shoulders, even if you are going for a baggier fit in the body, this will give you a more flattering silhouette.
- Draw attention to your waist by tying your shirt and wearing with hight waisted cullotes/denim for a more casual look or a pencil / midi skirt for evening (Zara has a great blouse option below for a softer look)
- Keeping a few buttons option and creating a deep V always works well with a shirt, especially if you have a bust, it also gives your look a more relaxed feel as I think a lot of women avoid wearing shirts as they think it looks to formal / officey.
- Never button up your shirt if it doesn't fit you properly across the chest, I know it goes without saying but I still see women with gaps and unintended glimpses of bra, bad styling and fit can detract from an otherwise great outfit.
- To take a shirt from day to evening, try a classic blue shirt worn with blue denim for day (love blue on blue) and add a pencil skirt, strappy heels and a cute clutch.
For styling inspiration on shirts visit my Pinterest page here.